Monday, July 18, 2016

SoH: Sky of Heirs (Chapter 3 - Kei of the Rain)

"Who the hell are you?" "My name doesn't matter, you won't be alive to remember it anyway." "We'll see about that." "Reign hold on!!" Reign refused to listen as he charged toward the ghostly figure with his violet sword, Darkest, in his hand. As he lunged forward to perform a vertical slash on the ghostly figure, the figure drew his own sword and used its scabbard to block the blow. "Not bad; but you'll need to do a whole lot more to get through Avalon." "How about this then!?" Reign suddenly vanished and then appeared behind the ghostly figure making an attempt to strike him down instantly. The figure swiftly moved his own blade to block Reign's strike without turning around. "Striking a person's back, not very honourable are you?" "What is honour compared to victory?" Taking advantage of the moment, Ashtyn charged in to smash the ghostly figure with a straight as he was preoccupied with Reign. The blow connected causing massive damage to the ghostly figure as he was knocked several metres away. "Don't forget that I'm here too, idiot". The ghostly figure slowly got up as he was recovering from the blow. "Mark my words, you two punks won't live to the next rainfall. You're lucky that I'm out of time for now... Kei, remember it. It will be the last name you say before you die." Kei raised his sword as he dematerialized from where he stood.

"Well that was all pretty weird. Die by the next rainfall? I'd like to see him try." "Yeah he wasn't really that strong. Anyway I guess I'll head home now." "Hey wait, don't you wanna go grab some dinner with me?" "Uhh, aren't you supposed to have dinner with Emily?" "Oh right, I forgot about that. Well, you wanna come anyway?" "Nar, I'm good. You really should treat Emily better though." "Yeah I'm working on it. Anyways, I'll see you later." "Laters."


~Later that night at the dinner table~

"Hey Dad, just wondering.. would you happen to know a guy called Kei?" Both Reign's father and mother dropped their utensils at that moment. "Where did you hear that name Reign?" "He appeared before Ash and I today, and engaged us in somewhat of a small skirmish" "If he's appeared then that mean's they're starting to get serious already." "Getting serious? For what?" "Oh Reign, you don't understand how special you are yet." "You'll find out in due time Reign. For now, try to stay out of harm's way."

~Monday~


何度も何度も贈るよ君が探しているもの 迷いの全てを溶かして生きてゆこうForever Love ♫  Reign's alarm rang and woke him straight up. "Damn it, I hate Mondays." As Reign finished putting on his uniform his father walked in the room before heading out for work. "Watch yourself out there today. Kei will definitely be coming back soon." "Got it."

~At School~

As class was about to start, a student stepped into the room with only a single shoe showing at first. Kaiser in his slouched, laid-back position quickly saw the shoe. "Ha, I know who that is, there's only one person in this school that goes around with Yeezy 350 Pirate Black 2.0's; and that's Nidus." "Man do you have to announce it every time I come into the classroom? And besides you're the one always walkin' around in those same flyknits." "Oi, different colours, different shoes." "Whatever, it's still a flyknit." 

"Man, Emily was pissed at me the other day." "Let me guess, you were late in having that dinner date with her." "I was only an hour late. Give me a break." "Sometime's I wonder how Emily puts up with you." 

~Later that day~

"Hey, I know it's a Monday, but do you guys wanna go grab some Mina's (Pizza) after school?" Yeah, sounds good." "Count me in." "Alright, let's do it." The bell rang forty-five minutes later followed by a sound of joy by the students throughout the hallways as the schoolday ends. "Hey, you know Reign you should go ask Crystal and see if she wants to come with us." "Not sure if serious. And besides it'd be weird for one girl to hang out with four guys." "How about this, if you can get her to come then I'll bring Emily along." "Uhh, shouldn't you already be bringing Emily regardless of this?" "Nar, it's all good." "Uhh, well.. I mean, I don't even know what I'm gonna say." "I'll bring Yecart as well if it makes it less awkward." "Yeah, see even Nidus is bringing along his girl. That pretty much means you're asking Crystal or else you're a pansy." "But I don't even know what to say..." "Oi, Kaiser give him a demo." "Wait, what. Why am I getting involved in this now? I can't be bothered." "Come on, man. That brunette over there's been checking you out all day. Just go show him how its done." "Fine. I'm only doing this for you once Reign." Kaiser got up from his slouched position and walked over to the brunette. "Hey, wanna go get something to eat?" The girl stood up from her seat before Kaiser could even explain what they would be eating. "And that Reign, is how you do it." "What? I didn't even learn anything from that." "Pansy?" "Kaiser spoke like 3-4 words or something. And I don't have the good looks that Kaiser does." "Bro, chill. You can do this go on." Reign got up from his chair hesitantly and walked over to Crystal who was busy packing her materials from class. "Hey, Crystal." Crystal looked up at Reign and smiled. "Oh hey, what's up Reign?" "Uhh.. I'm uhhm wondering if you'd like to grab something to eat after this?" "I'd really like to, but I have tutoring to go to in the afternoon so I can't. Sorry, maybe another time." "Alright, next time then." 

With Reign's attempt ending in failure, Ashtyn and Nidus call up Emily and Yecart to make it a group of seven as the party makes their way to Mina's bakery. The group finds a table to sit at and then order the pizzas. "Reign's shout cause he didn't get the girl." "What? Far out fine. Hi, just wanna get seven half meat, half cheese pizzas." As the pizzas arrived to the table and the group began to dig in to their food, an unworldly tune began to play. "Really!? Just as the pizzas come out?" 

Reign, Ashtyn, Kaiser and Nidus headed out of the bakery as the entire block was swarmed with dozens of mysterious figures. "Finally, I can get into some of the fun that you two were talking about." "I just wanna eat my pizza. Let's get this over with."

Two swords forged from black aura materialised onto Kaiser into their sheaths. The Odachi and Kodachi, named Yin and Yang, were twin swords forged by the same blacksmith and passed down the Trace family line. Kaiser drew the Odachi, Yin, from its sheath to reveal the jet black colour of its blade contrasted with the serene white pigment of its hilt. "It's time for some fun." "Hey, give me a moment too." Nidus' eyes began to glow a lightning-blue colour as the aura embossed an electrified blue suit over his body. He held his hand in front of him as a blue bolt flashed into his palm and the three-section staff, Meteora, emerged. "Okay, let's go."

Kaiser's Odachi glowed with dark energy as he flew with the blade in a braver fashion towards the mysterious figures. The blade pierced through each figure in consecutive blows with ease. Nidus launched his staff towards a mysterious figure at a distance that initially would not reach, however, the staff began to elongate and smashed straight into the mysterious figure at an unprecedented velocity. Reign and Ashtyn unleashed their usual onslaught of tag-team assaults to quickly clean up any leftovers that were attempting to retreat. In a matter of minutes, the mysterious figures were no more. 

"That's weird.. Kei didn't show up this time." "He must've been scared with the four of us here this time around." "What a chump." "Whatever, let's get back to the half meat, half cheese. I paid money for this." "You mean I paid money for this." "Same thing. Your money is my money."

~Elsewhere in the city~

"AXLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!" Heavy rain was falling throughout the city as Candice was being dragged away deeper into the heart of the storm by an invisible force. "Don't worry Candice, I've got you."

Chapter 3 - Kei of the Rain
-END-

Next time:
Chapter 4 - Enter Axl

[Dialogue Legend]
Ashtyn - Red
Axl - Green
Crystal - Dark Purple
Reign - Purple
Reign's Mother - Orange
Nidus - Dark Blue
Kaiser - Black
Reign's Father - Yellow
Kei - Dark Grey
Candice - Pink
Weapon - Strikethrough

No comments:

Post a Comment