Saturday, September 10, 2016

SoH: Sky of Heirs (Chapter 4 - Enter Axl)

The rainfall became more and more intense as Axl was chasing after Candice through the city. "This isn't good, I need to catch up to Candice before whatever's dragging her does... There's only one way. Emerald, please..." Axl's body began to coat itself in a green aura and in an instant an energy laced suit was formed. "I'll be needing two of you." Axl held out his right hand as two daggers from the Twilight Wings materialized into the crevices between his fingers.

"AXLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!" Axl heard Candice screaming in the distance. "I'll be right there Candice." Axl concentrated his aura energy and as he became aware of his enviousness against the enemy the aura surged directly into his legs. He boomed forward into the distance travelling several leagues in an instant. In a matter of seconds Axl reached Candice's position and threw his daggers with pinpoint accuracy, severing the grasp that the mysterious force had over Candice. "Uh oh, she's gonna kill me for this later." Axl had accidentally severed the force as Candice was just over the top of a 70-storey building and she began to free-fall. Axl quickly ran over the top of the building to catch Candice in his arms. "I told you I've got you." "You haven't got anything. We're falling you idiot." "Well, I tried my best." "Well try harder, I don't want to die today." "I could use Twilight Wings  to latch onto the building but it'd cause massive damage to the building. There has to be another way." Axl and Candice were running out of time. Just as Axl was about to use his dagger method an arrow made of orange energy spun out into a bed-like state to absorb the force of their fall.

"Being a burden as usual I see." Axl got up and immediately looked around. On the other side of the street stood a tall, incredibly good-looking guy with sharp features holding a golden, orange bow. "Casanova again!? Why is it always you man. I didn't need your help this time, I had everything under control." "Everything under control? Are you stupid or something? Knowing you, you were about to make a huge blow to the building just to swing off of it with no plan on what to do after that." Axl stood there, dumbfounded as he knew Casanova had just nailed him with exactly what he was going to do. "W-Wh-Whatever man, you were right okay. Thanks for saving me and Candice." "Don't thank me, thank Soulstring for saving your stupid ass. Anyway you should probably check up on Candice, if you haven't noticed already she's lying unconscious next to you." Axl immediately turned around to see Candice lying on the orange energy still unconscious. He quickly picked her up in his arms and turned back around to Casanova. "I need to her home, she must be unconscious from the shock of falling just now." "Wait, before you go, what happened to randomly make both you and Candice fall off a building?" "We were riding our bikes home through the park when some guy just randomly appeared in front of us and it started to rain. He disappeared before I could properly make out his face but then Candice suddenly got swept off her bike started to get dragged away by some invisible force." "I see, interesting. Well we can let the group know about this tomorrow at school." "Yeah, sounds good. What are you doing at this Cafe in the city though?" "Oh, I'm just here with Anne, she's inside the Cafe right now. I think she wanted to try out some new Totoro-themed drink or something? Well, I'm gonna head back into the Cafe now. Make sure you wipe out people's memories of this event with the aura okay?" "Yeah, sure thing." Axl hazed the area with a green energy and then bolted back towards Candice's home. 

~Later that night~

As Reign was busy completing his homework his thoughts began to stray into the situations as of late. "I don't understand the meaning behind these attacks. If Kei's out to get me then he'll attack my weak spots. But I don't any weak spots. My entire group are all capable of readily handling things themselves. I just... don't understand." 

~Tuesday~

何度も何度も贈るよ君が探しているもの 迷いの全てを溶かして生きてゆこうForever Love ♫ "Alright, let's get this day going." As Reign was about to head out to school his father approached him ominously. "The stars aren't with you today, Reign. If anything out of the ordinary happens, notify me immediately." "Sure thing, dad." 

~At School~

Reign arrived at school early and walked up to the basketball courts to chill with his friends before it was time to head to class. "Woah, you're early today what's up man?" "Nothing, I just happened to come early I guess." "Really? You weren't hoping to try and see Crystal early in the morning?" Ashtyn shoved Reign with a friendly elbow as Reign tried to hide his face knowing that Ashtyn had just read him like a book. "Jokes aside, Axl encountered a guy yesterday that sounds like Kei." "Yeah he appeared out of nowhere and tried to kidnap Candice. Luckily I was fast enough to save her." "You mean I saved both of you, right?" "Hahahaha, I just crack up at the sound of hearing that Axl saved someone." "Yeah, Axl probably screwed up somewhere along the way knowing him. By the way Reign, you wanna go get some food from the canteen before class?" "And I'm guessing you want me to pay for it, right?" "Yeah. Let's go get some pies." Shortly after, the bell rings signalling the first class of the day.

"Okay class, settle down settle down. For today we have... Oh, would you look at that! We have another transfer student starting in our class today. Come in now, please." "Oh man, another one?" "Yeah what gives, we just had a new transfer student." A girl with a petite figure, Asian features and long black hair slowly stepped into the room while turning her head to view the faces of the class. Ashtyn's eyes widened as he instantly realized who the girl was as she walked in. "It can't be." "Hello and welcome to the class. How about you say a few words to the class to introduce yourself." 

"Hi everyone, my name is..."

Chapter 4 - Enter Axl
-END-

Next time:
Chapter 5 - The Return of Richard

[Dialogue Legend]
Ashtyn - Red
Axl - Green
Reign - Purple
Casanova - Orange
Nidus - Dark Blue
Kaiser - Black
Candice - Pink
Reign's Father - Yellow
Teacher - Aqua
??? - Dark Red
Weapon - Strikethrough

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the character development in this chapter! You're doing really great haha!! Although I think its too easy to figure out who the new transfer student is :PPPP hahahah!! You shouldn't have written such in-depth character profiles loL!!! It's so easy to tell the transfer student is Fatima. Lol!!! But I really enjoyed this chapter, I think I'll give it a solid 10/10. looking forward to ur next one!

    ReplyDelete