Saturday, October 29, 2016

SoH: Sky of Heirs (Chapter 5 - The Return of Richard)

"Hi everyone, my name is Luna. I hope we can all get along well while I'm here for the next two years." "Okay everyone, give Luna a warm welcome. Luna, you can go sit in that empy seat behind Ashtyn and Aerius." "Thank you very much, Mr. Palmer." As Luna calmly walked down to her seat, Ashtyn gazed at her slowly with his pupils slowly matching her movements. Aerius, who was sitting next to Ashtyn, gave a friendly gesture to Luna to get her attention before following up with a question. "Where have you been Luna? Its been years since I've last seen you." Just as Luna was about to answer Aerius, Ashtyn budged in with his own remark. "There's nothing for you here. You shouldn't have come back." Luna turned around to Ashtyn. "I see you still hold a grudge towards me Ash. It's a shame...because I came back just for you." Ashtyn turned his head away and grunted. "Whatever you say." Reign, seeing this exchange, began to think of how the new transfer girl could possibly be connected to Ashtyn. "Alright class, take out your textbooks so we can start on our next topic today, rates of change." "Why can't this class be over already. I just wanna go to sleep." "Dude, the class barely just started." "Yeah well, I wanna go eat some food." "Saaaaaaame."

~In the other Classroom~

"I think something's going on in Reign's class, Ash's anger Aura is seething out a bit." "Yeah and I think you're about to get hit." "By what?" "By me." Candice stormed towards Axl angrily and slapped him square on the cheek. "How could you leave me at my house in bed when I was unconscious." "What else was I supposed to do? I rescued you from Kei and got you home safely as well." "You mean "I" saved both of you, right?" "Right. Well anyway, I did my part. Why are you so mad at me Candice?" "You "did" your part? You should've been there with me until I woke up you idiot. What if I never ever woke up?" "Okay okay, my bad. I should've stayed with you until you woke up." "Man, where's Ms. Turnbull, she's always coming late to class." "She's p-p-probably just drinking her coffee in the staff-room again." "Yeah well she's just wasting our time again as usual." "Can we go to Starling Cafe after school today? There's a new cake I want to try." "We already went to a cafe yesterday though..." "Yeah and this is a different cafe for a different day..?" "Fiiiine."


~During Lunchtime~

The bell rang for lunchtime and Reign packed his materials before immediately hopping over to Ashtyn. After thinking about the who the new transfer girl could be during the entire duration of the class, Reign had finally narrowed it down to who it could possibly be. "So Ash, about that Luna girl... Is she the one that, well, played with your heart all those years ago. Or is it the one that left the city before you could tell them how much they meant to you..?" "I'll tell you about it later when there's less people around." "Aight." 

Reign, Ashtyn, Nidus and Kaiser were all walking together to their usual meeting place for breaks while Luna was trying to follow them without being seen. The group arrived at their usual location; an evergreen tree providing shade on top of a small hill. "Finally I can just lie down for awhile." "I wonder where Casanova and Axl are at?" "They'll probably be here soon. Anyway, we should probably discuss about some plans to take down Kei." "Well so far Kei hasn't even been much of a challenge to any of us. I don't think we need to think of any plans to take him down." Casanova and Axl arrived shortly after and started unpacking their food. "What do you have today Cas?" "Not much, just some sandwiches. You?" "Today I have kimbab." "Thanks Axl." Kaiser got up and quickly grabbed half of Axl's kimbab roll before he could react. "Let's go grab something from the canteen, Ash." "Yeah, I kind of want some meat." On the way to the canteen, Luna creeps up on Ashtyn and shoves him in the back. "Surprise!!" Ashtyn quickly turned around and pushed Luna onto the ground but not before Luna could grab hold of Ashtyn causing him to fall over on top of her. "Aww Ash, if you wanted to get into this position all you needed to do was ask me" Ashtyn was a bit dazed from the fall and opened his eyes to see Luna's face right next to his. After a bit of shock he remarked back. "You need to stay away from me." Reign was witnessing this scene from the side and slowly stepped away as to not interrupt them. "I'll let you guys sort this out while I go grab some food at the canteen." 

Ashtyn got up from his position as Luna mimicked him. "Are you actually still mad at me for what I did like what.. 9 years ago? Man... you hold grudges for a long time." "You think that time itself is enough to make me forget about what you did? Of course I still hold a grudge against you. I do now. And I will forever." "Well how about we start anew... put everything that's happened between us behind us you know..?" "That's not happening. And besides, I already have a girlfriend." "Oh? And what's the name of this girlfriend?" "Her name is Emily and I'll never leave her." "I wonder." Luna walked closer to Ashtyn, stopping just within breathing range as she placed her hand on his chest. "Cause deep down you know that there can only be one person in your heart. And I'm willing to bet myself that it isn't this "Emily" girl." Ashtyn shoved her away and began to trod down to the canteen. "Never touch me again." 

~Elsewhere~

At the outskirts of town a circle of thundering clouds brewed in the sky. The culmination of clouds struck lightning in one hundred unique places within a single hectare. From the lightning strikes spawned a myriad of mysterious figures. "It's time. We need to take the electric generator so that I can harness the power of Ajisukitakahikone." Kei and the mysterious figures walked towards the nearby power force generator killing all the innocent workers that were scrambling from the shocking phenomenon that they had just witnessed.

~Back at School~

The sky turned a dark grey with a looming atmosphere. "Something's up." "Really Axl? I didn't realise. Is it perhaps the sky turning dark all of a sudden?" "Shut up, Cas." "Enough; you guys can argue later. We need to find out what in the world is going on." Reign and Ashtyn were rushing back to the hill after seeing day turn to night. "We need to move. Now!" "But we don't even know what the source of this darkness is." "Don't worry, Reign's already located their position with his soul falcon." "Enough talk, we need to head out right now. I'll open a different dimension gate that we can use to get to the root of this phenomenon." Reign moved his hand behind his back into a position as if he was holding a gun. After a brief moment, the metallic purple handgun NightStar materialized into his hand. Reign held the gun forward and shot a bullet that disappeared into thin air and created a gate to the outskirts of town. "Let's go." The group of six dashed towards the gate with the dimensional gate disappearing as soon as they had all entered it. 

~At the outskirts of Town~

Loads of human bodies that had been burnt to a crisp were spread out across the area. "What happened here..." "Looks like the answer to that question is inside that power station." The group walked towards the building cautiously eyeing out the area. "What could've done something like this.." "Me." "What?" Kei appeared suddenly behind the squad and shot a lightning chain through all six members. The lightning was a mysterious white grey colour and surged through the heirs causing massive damage to the group. In a matter of moments, all six were down on the ground, momentarily paralyzed. "Shit... he got us." "How dumb can you be to walk in to a place like this unarmed. It drives me mad that the lot of you could underestimate me this much. Whatever... the rest of you, finish them." Mysterious figures began to leak out from beneath the ground and also from the surrounding buildings. The mysterious figures headed towards the six-man group with their shadow-like hands slowly morphing into sharp blades. "It's over heirs." "Dammit, I can't move." "I should've been watching my back..." "This can't be the end." "I'm too young to die..." "Shit, I need to get up..."

The mysterious figures raised their bladelike arms preparing to stab directly into the backs of the six heirs. "Goodbye." Suddenly, a yellow bolt of pure energy pierced through the mysterious figures in a circular fashion, disintegrating each figure as the bolt went through them. "What!? Who did that!?" In the distance, with a wake of smoke subsiding, a glowing yellow figure slowly stepped onto the scene. "Is that who I think it is..?" "He's finally back." "What a show off." "It's about time." "I could've handled them myself anyway." "The crew is finally back together."

"Sup, fags." The entire squad got up and walked over to the person that shot down all the mysterious figures. "Right on time, Richard." "Looks like you guys needed my help. I hope Axl wasn't too much of a burden while I was gone." "I thought you were coming back next week after your year of travelling around the globe to solve the millennium problems." "Yeah, I ended finishing them all faster than expected so I actually got back to Sydney last week. But I couldn't be bothered going to school until next week so I've just been chilling at home. Besides... you don't really learn much at school anyway." "Talk later guys, we have a bigger problem in front of us right now."

"I see. So you're the seventh heir. The son of house, Taker." Kei slowly moved forward as he staunched the entire group down. "This. This is how it should be. All of you against all of me. Now let's see if the Sky of Heirs has what it takes to be called the once in a millenia prodigies!" "You won't be on this Earth much longer, Kei. Let's go, Darkest!" "You'll regret taking us all on at the same time. Emerge, Crossed Hearts!" "We're sending you back to where you came from. Strike, SoulString!" "You don't deserve to exist. Reach, Daedalus !" "Time for you sleep for the rest of eternity. Ignite, Meteora!" "You're going down. Twilight Wings, please!" "It's over for you. Form, Yin and Yang!"

"All seven heirs infront of me with their weapons summoned. It must be my luck that will allow me to be written down in history as the one that takes down all seven of the master families." "You mean that you'll go down in history as the one person foolish enough to challenge the Sky of Heirs!" "Foolish? Well, before that... Do you know what it is that you cherish in your life? Think about it. Because I'll be taking it away from you." "What's he talking about?" "Who cares!? Let's just finish this quickly." The seven heirs quickly surrounded Kei and lunged towards him with their weapons. "Perfect. You're all within range now." Kei rose one arm into the air and closed his eyes. "WAIT, GUYS ITS A TRAP!" "What?" "Ajisukitakahikone." An intense burst of white light enveloped the area around Kei with each heir being blinded by the sudden emergence of brightness. "Aaaaargghh!" The seven heirs disappeared as the light began to vanish.

~Somewhere~

"What's going on....? Where am I?" "Reign.. what's going on?"

~Somewhere else~

"Wait... no... it can't be. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Chapter 5 - The Return of Richard
-END-

Next time:
Chapter 6 - Destiny

[Dialogue Legend]
Ashtyn - Red
Axl - Green
Reign - Purple
Casanova - Orange
Nidus - Dark Blue
Kaiser - Black
Richard - Yellow
Mysterious Figures - Deep Pink
Luna - Maroon
Teacher - Aqua
Aerius - Cream
Candice - Pink
Jinight - Lime
Kei - Dark Grey
Anne - Dark Orange
Crystal - Lavender
Weapon - Strikethrough

No comments:

Post a Comment